The Empowered to Connect Conference features practical teaching in a safe and supportive community as we work to equip families, churches, and professionals to better serve children impacted by adoption and foster care. It features Trust-Based Relational InterventionⓇ (TBRI) methods developed by Dr. Karyn Purvis and Dr. David Cross from the Karyn Purvis Institute of Child Development, to help bring attachment and connection in families. The content is ideal for adoptive and foster parents, those considering adoption or foster care, and those who are serving and supporting others, including social workers, agency professionals, church staff and ministry leaders, counselors, and therapists.
Fri, Apr 7, 2017 10:00am - 6:00pm
Sat, Apr 8, 2017 10:00am - 6:00pm
*Please note you will prompted to login or setup an account to register. For Couples registration, only select one person to proceed through registration process. For new accounts, once the link is sent to your email for verification, close original tab and proceed with registration using link in email. Contact us if you have any questions.
Find our more about Empowered to Connect and Show Hope at their website below.
Important to note:
- Childcare is not provided
- Light refreshments will be provided but feel free to bring lunch or enjoy lunch at various local venues as there is an 1.5 hours allocated for lunch break.
- Workbooks will be provided to the first 50 registrants. Otherwise, a version will be available for download.
- If you are a foster/adoptive parent who cannot afford the registration fees, please contact Jim Goyette at email@example.com. Scholarships may be available, and we want this to be affordable for ALL foster & adoptive parents.
- NH DCYF Foster Parents: You will receive 11 certified training hours by participating in this conference.
- The Empowered to Connect Conference is a wonderful opportunity for professionals to receive continuing education credits to use towards their licensing requirements. Please contact Jim at firstname.lastname@example.org for requirements & info.